Become a Certified Infant Massage Instructor
The IAIM Instructor training offers you a wonderful opportunity to support parents and primary caregivers, by helping them learn how to lovingly and respectfully communicate with their babies through massage. You will discover how nurturing touch can help strengthen the bonding process as well as promote numerous other health benefits.
The IAIM 4-day Infant Massage Instructor training combines theory from an international core curriculum as well as practical experience of learning massage strokes on a doll and teaching part of a parent/baby massage class. During the training there are three sessions with parents and their babies. One session is led by the trainer for students to observe and the other two provide the students with a wonderful opportunity to experience facilitating part of a class with the support of their fellow students. To see details of the full training programme click here.
Once qualified IAIM Instructors are entitled to call themselves a Certified Infant Massage Instructor, otherwise known as CIMI. CIMI is a registered trademark of the IAIM and only our qualified Members can use this title.
Our trainings are run regularly at locations nationwide. They are facilitated by experienced IAIM Trainers who have been baby massage instructors for at least 5 years and have undertaken a further extensive 2-year training process. All our Trainers are trained by the IAIM thereby ensuring continuity of philosophy and training standards. To find an Infant Massage Instructor training course click here.
Post certification workshops are also available for those working with babies born prematurely.
Why train with the IAIM?
The IAIM curriculum is being taught in more than 50 countries and has been developed and refined for over 30 years through research, reflective practice and practical experience. This has resulted in a widely endorsed and implemented parenting programme. The IAIM has:
- an internationally recognised curriculum currently being taught worldwide
- an international circle of highly experienced and dedicated Trainers
- been training in the UK since 1997 and has trained over 11,000 instructors
- invites parents and babies to attend the training enabling students to gain practical teaching experience
Following the training the IAIM offer continuing professional development and support through:
- A year’s Membership of the IAIM, plus continued Membership for an annual fee
- Regular Educational Study Days and Course Refresher Days
- A biennial International Conference
- Trainer led massage stroke refresher sessions
- Your own personalised web page on www.iaimbabymassage.co.uk
- A printed newsletter three times a year
- Access to news, research and other resources on the IAIM Members website
- Support from your peers via the IAIM Facebook page
- Support from your course Trainer
- Support from the UK Chapter Executive Board and IAIM Office
What will our training equip you to do?
Our training will equip you to teach parents/primary caregivers, either individually or in small classes, to massage their babies as well as to deliver presentations to promote infant massage. You will be able to demonstrate the massage strokes on a doll and create a relaxed environment where there is an opportunity for parents to take part in informal discussions on many baby focused topics.
You will gain the skills to facilitate parent-infant communication, create the opportunity to enhance parent/child bonding and help to provide optimum conditions for the healthy development of the infant. In this supportive environment the parents/primary caregivers will learn of the many other benefits that loving touch can bring about.
This is not a 'hands on massage' qualification and this course does not qualify you to train others to teach or perform infant massage. You will be required to sign an agreement during your 4-day training confirming this.